BLURBS:where I got my copy: National Bookstore
where to buy: Amazon, B&N
There are six things very wrong with my life:
1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2. It is on my nose
3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.
5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.
In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!"
This is a re-read. I think the first time I read this was year 2000. Lisa of Bounded by Books recently review Georgia Nicolson's last book and I decided it is time to visit Georgia. Georgia is a hoot. She writes the silly and most hilarious stuff that happens to her in her diary. About boys, about her parents, her friends, her little sister Libby and her part tabby part Scottish wildcat Angus.
Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging introduce us to Georgia an average English girl who constantly gets in trouble with her teachers for being lively. Her antics are truly laugh out loud funny. It is a fun, memorable quick read. You might want to buy the next 3 books to start you off.
The movie version on the other hand was cute but Georgia's wit wasn't quite captured on the screen, she seems so serious on the bog screen. The guy who played Robbie the Sex God was cute though and perfect fro the role. Are they going to come up with a movie for book 2?