visit my jewelry & accessories blog

GIVEAWAYS










read the contest & privacy policy here


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bared To You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day

Genre: Fiction/Contemporary Romance/ Erotica
Release: Berkley (May 24, 2012)
Sold by: Penguin Publishing
Buy the Book: Amazon



BLURB:
Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness...He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private worlds...and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

REVIEW:
This is recommended to all Fifty Shades of Grey fans. Over the top wealth, over the top sex scenes, intense issues, obsessive behaviors, stalkerish tendencies, the works and more.

Holy smokes! This is one intense novel and some scenes are just so weird and messed up. I really like the beginning, when Eva and Gideon were starting out. I always like the tension between characters before they decide that they are going to have sex or enter into some type of an arrangement / relationship. There is a certain excitement and I just cannot help but guess what is going to happen next, will they have discustingly sweet moments? Will I feel butterflies in my stomach when they profess their love? Will I get irritated with the character? Who is going to mess up first? etc...

I really like Eva, she is strong, smart and obviously pretty. I thought she was doing pretty well considering she was abused when she was 10. I also like Gideon, the control freak, the hotness that was described in the book and his impressive decisions in breaking his rules. I was really into them until Eva decided to tell Gideon of her ugly past. Then it went to really disturbing. They are showing a really messed up sign of co-dependency, the jealousy, using sex to relieve stress and to manipulate (especially on Eva's part) mood. Then Gideon started these nigthmares that are obviously sexually abused related, that causes him to have to release tension by pleasuring himself even at sleep. I was really into Cary too. Bisexual best friend who is always there when you need him, pretty awesome. Until he started showing some signs of destructive tendencies too. How in the hell are these characters going to survive? I am really intrigued and wanted to find out but I have this 45% feeling that this novel had the motehrload of all messed up and maybe it is too much for me. The other 55% thinks it is worth a shot and is telling me to suck it up and finish the series.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: 123RF Stock Photos